Father’s Day is just around the corner! To help you celebrate, Heritage Wake Forest would like to share a few of our favorite TV dads and some of their life lessons. Share your favorite TV dads with us on Facebook!
1. Andy Taylor/Andy Griffith from the Andy Griffith Show – Andy, the sheriff of Mayberry, taught his son Opie many things. One of Andy’s most important life lessons was to enjoy the small things in life, like fishing. Enjoy the small things in life with your dad at Heritage Wake Forest on Father’s Day. Go fishing, like Andy and Opie, at the Forgotten Pond, where there are great piers and picnic tables. Tee off with your dad at the semi-private Golf Club or sit down for a delicious meal at 1250 Heritage. Take a stroll along one of the green walking trails or enjoy a family dinner at your new home in Raleigh, NC.
2. Cliff Huxtable/Bill Cosby from the Bill Cosby Show – Cliff Huxtable always managed to find the humor in every situation. Remember to take some time to laugh every day and not to take life too seriously. Enjoy a good belly laugh with your dad on Father’s Day. Rent a funny movie or attend a comedy show in downtown Raleigh. Send dad a funny card or have a chuckle remembering funny past events.
3. Danny Tanner/Bob Saget from Full House – Danny Tanner always had a heartfelt lesson at the end of every episode of Full House. One our favorites included making sure his daughter Michelle got back on her bike after uncle Joey accidentally made her fall off. Learn to ride your bike again on one of Heritage Wake Forest’s greenway biking trails. It doesn’t matter if you are trying a new food or redecorating your home; face your fears with your dad, like Michelle, at your new home in Raleigh, NC.
4. Tim “The Toolman” Taylor/Tim Allen from Home Improvement – If there is one thing that Tim Allen taught us on Home Improvement it was the importance of safety! You can learn how not to perform all DIY projects from Tim “The Toolman” Taylor. Keep safety in mind when starting any projects with dad at your new home in Raleigh, NC, on Father’s Day.
5. Phil Dunphy/Ty Burrell from Modern Family – The new ABC sitcom, Modern Family, has plenty of life lessons. One of our favorites is to be yourself. No matter what happens, as long as the characters stay true to themselves, everything turns out alright. Just be yourself and enjoy spending time with your dad on Father’s Day!