No time to make the perfect Halloween costume this year? No problem. Simply try one of these easy no-sew Halloween costumes you can piece together from things you find around your new home in Rolesville. Share pictures of your best no-sew costumes with Heritage on Facebook! If you are still in a Halloween costume pinch, try the Halloween Costume app for Apple products.
1. Medusa – For this costume, wear a dress, preferably a white one. Braid your hair and stick little plastic snakes in your braids. You can braid your hair into a bun and braid the snakes right into the bun or secure them with bobby pins.
2. Bats – For this costume, dress in black pants and a black shirt or sweatshirt. Purchase or use an old black umbrella to make into bat wings. To adjust the umbrella, you will need bolt cutters and pliers. Here are instructions from Martha Stewart for making the bat wings.
3. Mad Scientist – Who doesn’t love science these days? First, tousle your hair, dress in a plaid shirt with a lab coat. Next, add lab goggles, a pocket protector, and any kids’ science gear you can find around your new home in Wake Forest or Rolesville.
4. Mario or Luigi – Are you or your kids fans of Mario Cart? Dress like one of your favorite characters. To go as Mario, dress in overalls and a red shirt and red hat. To dress as Luigi, buy overalls, a green shirt, and a green hat. To dress as Princess Peach, find a pink dress and a tiara.
5. Athlete – If you play sports or have lots of sports equipment at your house, you can dress as your favorite athlete for Halloween. Simply dig out your best jersey and tote around your sports gear.
6. Rubix Cube – If you have a card board box and paint or construction paper lying around your new home in Wake Forest or Rolesville, you can make this costume in an hour or less. First try on the box and cut holes for your arms and head. Next use a pencil to divide the box into sections for the cube. Now paint the rubix boxes on the box or glue construction paper to the box if you do not have any paint. Now dress in black and pop on your box for an instant party hit.
7. Grape – First buy a few green or purple balloons. Now blow up the balloons and tape them to a green shirt. Dress in green pants to complete the look. Bonus points if you add a green or brown beret to your costume.
8. “Serial” Killer – First acquire an empty cereal box at your new home in Wake Forest or Rolesville. Glue or tape a plastic knife to the cereal box so it looks like someone stabbed the cereal box. Now dress in black and pin the cereal box to your shirt. You are now a “cereal” killer.
9. Mime – Dress in black pants and shirt. Paint your face with white face paint. Add white gloves and a red beret to complete the mime costume. Bonus points if you don’t talk at your Halloween parties and make everyone guess what you are saying with mime gestures.
10. Static Cling – Dress in black for this costume. Pin small laundry from your new home in Wake Forest or Rolesville to your shirt and pants like socks or smaller shirts.